Get Passport in 3 Days
With the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) project, an e-governance initiative of the Union ministry of external affairs, launched at the Regional Passport Office Bhubaneswar recently, applicants can now avail all passport-related services through one website and obtain their passports within just three days.
The project, launched in public-private-partnership mode with technical support from Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), will also ensure issuance of tatkal passports in a day subject to police verification of the applicant.
The Regional Passport Office, Bhubaneswar, which had only three counters to deal with passport-related services, will now have 16 such counters after implementation of the project.
The time required for police verification will also be drastically reduced with all the information going online between the police department and passport authorities. Earlier, the departments used to take help of postal service for sharing information.
The applicants will be required to obtain a prior appointment for passport-related services. An application reference number (ARN) will also be generated prior to scheduling an appointment through the website of the passport department — www.passportindia.gov.in.
How To Apply for Passport
- Go to www.passportindia.gov.in
- Register and create a User ID. (Click on “Register” link under the Online Application Filling section on the Home Page).
- Login to the Passport Seva Portal with the User ID.
- Fill-up the application form online & submit.
- Click the “Manage Appointment” link on Applicant Home page to schedule an appointment at a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where appointment has been taken, along with original documents.