Happy Mothers Day 2012
Mother’s Day is a celebration that honours mothers and motherhood. It complements Father’s Day, a celebration honoring fathers. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March or April or May.
Julia Ward Howe was the first to proclaim Mother’s Day in 1870. In 1912, Anna Jarvis trademarked the phrases “second Sunday in May” and “Mother’s Day”, and created the Mother’s Day International Association.
In most countries, Mother’s Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in the United States. In the Roman Catholic Church, the holiday is strongly associated with reverencing the Virgin Mary. Mother’s Day in most Arab countries is celebrated on 21 March. It was introduced in Egypt by journalist Mustafa Amin.
In India, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May, 13th May 2012.
Happy Mothers Day 2012 Images, eCards, Wallpaper
Happy Mothers Day 2012 Quotes, Sayings
1. No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Florida Scott-Maxwell
2. Biological possibility and desire are not the same as biological need. Women have childbearing equipment. For them to choose not to use the equipment is no more blocking what is instinctive than it is for a man who, muscles or no, chooses not to be a weightlifter.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Betty Rollin
3. Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women’s opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Elaine Heffner
4. Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: James Joyce
5. All that remains to the mother in modern consumer society is the role of scapegoat; psychoanalysis uses huge amounts of money and time to persuade analysis and to foist their problems on to the absent mother, who has no opportunity to utter a word in her own defense. Hostility to the mother in our societies is an index of mental health.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Germaine Greer
6. Woman in the home has not yet lost her dignity, in spite of Mother’s Day, with its offensive implication that our love needs an annual nudging, like our enthusiasm for the battle of Bunker Hill.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: John Erskine
7. All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Oscar Wilde
8. The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Rajneesh