Home > Odia News > Plus Two students can apply for revaluation from own colleges

Plus Two students can apply for revaluation from own colleges

The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) Odisha today announced that Plus Two students seeking re-valuation/ re-addition of their papers can apply for it from their respective colleges.

Earlier, students had to apply for revaluation here at the CHSE’s head office and in the three zonal offices of the CHSE at Berhampur, Sambalpur and Baripada.

Parents of affected Plus Two students are planning to move the Odisha High Court against the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) to challenge the poor marks awarded to their wards and pray for re-evaluation of annual Plus Two answer papers, sources said.

CHSE chairman Dr Basudeb Chhatoi said none of about 2,500, who sought re-addition, had got single digit marks. “The award of mass-scale single digit marks is just a rumour. We are not coming across such students,” Chhatoi said.

“We have no issues if some parents want to file cases in the Odisha High Court seeking a revaluation instead of re-addition in answer sheets. We don’t have any provision in Council’s statutes for revaluation of papers. We will definitely abide by the High Court order if it directs us for a revaluation,” he added.

An official of CHSE said re-evaluation is a time-consuming process and it may take 3 to 6 months.

Similar Posts