Odisha has 103 crorepati candidates for the 70 Assembly constituencies going to polls in the first phase on April 10, according to a report release by the state chapter of the National Election Watch.
Ruling BJD has fielded 34 crorepatis followed by 26 crorepatis by Congress and 19 crorepatis by BJP. Even Aam Admi Party (AAP) has 5 crorepati contestants.
In contrast, 8 candidates have zero assets and 104 candidates have declared that they have assets less than Rs one lakh, the report said.
Intrestingly, as many as 217 candidates (32%) contesting in the first phase polls have not declared their PAN details. Similarly 452 candidates have not declared their Income Tax returns.
RICHEST TOP TEN
- Dilip Kumar Ray, BJP ( Rourkela) – Rs 106 Crore+
- Nitesh Gangadeb, BJP (Deogarh) – Rs 17 Crore+
- Sugnana Kumari Deo, BJD ( Kabisuryanagar) – Rs 13 Crore+
- Naveen Patnaik, BJD (Hinjili) – Rs 12 Crore+
- Anang Uday Singhdeo, BJD (Bolangir) – Rs 11 Crore+
- Nandini Devi, BJD (Sanakhemundi) – Rs 11 Crore+
- Gobinda Naik, BSP( Chhendipada ) – Rs 10 Crore+
- Naba Kisore Das, Congress (Jharsuguda ) – Rs 10 Crore+
- Kishore Chandra Patel, Congress (Brajarajnagar) – Rs 9 Crore+
- Banamali Sethi , Congress (Chhatrapur ) – Rs 7 Crore+
POOREST TOP TEN
- Purna Chandra Bhuyan, CPI(ML)(L) (Mohana) – Rs 467
- Sukadeb Behera, Independent (Chhendipada) – Rs 500
- Sandip Kumar Meher, Odisha Jan Morcha (Kantamal) – Rs 500
- Udhaba Sahu, CPI(ML)(L) (Narla) – Rs 1,380
- Kanhei Jani, CPI(ML) Red Star (Laxmipur) – Rs 1,700
- Kumar Nanda, RPI(D) (Bijepur) – Rs 2,000
- Jayakrushna Podh, Kalinga Sena (Rengali) – Rs 2,200
- Sanjaya Kumar Pradhan, Independent (G. Udayagiri) – Rs 2,622
- Jalandhar Nayak, Independent (Chitrakonda) – Rs 2,665
- Purna Chandra Paik, Ambedkarite Party (Bijepur) – Rs 3000