Home > Odia News > Zoomcar launched self-drive car rental services in Bhubaneswar

Zoomcar launched self-drive car rental services in Bhubaneswar

Self-drive car rental startup Zoomcar launched its services in Bhubaneswar on Thursday. In the country, Zoomcar is present in 27 cities. Apart from metros and Tier-I cities, the company is aiming to penetrate into the Tier-III locations as well.

“Zoomcar is very much an India-focused company, but we are looking at international operations. We plan to launch operations in South East Asia and Africa markers next year,” said Greg Moran, chief executive officer and co-founder at Zoomcar India Pvt Ltd.

Zoomcar’s pan-India car fleet stands at 3,000 of which 80 per cent is company-owned. The remaining 20 per cent is provided by Zoomcar Associate Program (ZAP). Over the next six months, the company’s car fleet is expected to rise to 6,000.

“Our growth in the India market has been huge and we command a market share of 65-70 per cent in self drive car rental space. Other players in this space are small and mostly operate in the offline mode,” he added.

Zoomcar is eyeing Chhattisgarh as the next potential market. “We believe Chhattisgarh can be a good market for us. In Bhubaneswar, our car fleet strength could go up to 200 within a year,” Moran said.

ALSO READ: World’s largest crocodile in Bhitarkanika National Park

Zoomcar in Bhubaneswar

Similar Posts