Learn how to prepare Sabudana Upma (Sago Upama) recipe in Odia style here.
If you want to eat low fat dish in the breakfast then let’s make Sabudana Upama. You can eat Sabudana Upma during fast too.
- 1 cup Sabudana
- 1 small Carrot
- 2 small boiled Potato
- 4-5 Beans
- Half teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Half teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 small Onion
- 2 Green Chillies
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 1 big spoon roasted Peanuts
- Turmeric powder
How to prepare Sabudana Upama
- Soak Sabudana (Sago pearls) in just enough water for 3 hours. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 3-4 teaspoons oil in a kadai and temper with mustard seeds, urad dal, green chillies, chopped onion, curry leaves.
- Once the tempering is done, add the chopped veggies and saute in high flame for 3-5 minutes, the veggies should cook yet retain crunch.
- Add the drained Sabudana and mix well. Add salt, turmeric powder and saute in medium flame until the Sago pearls turn plump and transparent.
- Once done, add coarsed peanutes, mix well and serve hot.
- You have to cook this Sabudana Upma until the Sago pearls turns transparent else it will remain uncooked and pasty.